Mozilla Firefox is a fast, light and tidy open source web browser. At its public launch in 2004 Mozilla Firefox was the first browser to challenge Microsoft Internet Explorer’s dominance. Since then, Mozilla Firefox has consistently featured in the top 3 most popular browsers globally. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities. The browser is particularly popular with developers thanks to its open source development and active community of advanced users.
Mozilla put of a lot of resources into creating a simple but effective UI aimed at making browsing quicker and easier. They created the tab structure that has been adopted by most other browsers. In recent years Mozilla has also focused on maximizing browsing area by simplifying toolbar controls to just a Firefox button (which contains settings and options) and back/forward buttons. The URL box features direct Google searching as well as an auto predict/history feature called Awesome Bar. On the right side of the URL box there are bookmarking, history and refresh buttons. To the right of the URL box is a search box which allows you to customize your search engine options. Outside of that a view button controls what you see below the URL. Next to that you have the download history and home buttons.
Firefox was the first browser to introduce a private browsing feature which allows you to use the internet more anonymously and securely. History, searches, passwords, downloads, cookies and cached content are all removed on shutdown. Minimizing the chances of another user stealing your identity or finding confidential information. Content security, anti-phishing technology and antivirus/antimalware integration ensures your browsing experience is as safe as possible.
Personalisation & Development
One of the best features of the Firefox UI is customization. Simply right click on the navigation toolbar to customize individual components or just drag and drop items you want to move around. The inbuilt Firefox Add-ons Manager allows you to discover and install add-ons within the browser as well as view ratings, recommendations and descriptions. Read about the top recommended add-ons for Mozilla Firefox on TechBeat. Thousands of customizable themes allow you to customize the look and feel of your browser. Site authors and developers can create advanced content and applications using Mozilla’s open source platform and enhanced API.
Tajuk: Firefox 42.0
Saiz Fail: 41.18MB
Keperluan: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64 / Windows8 / Windows8 64
Lesen: Sumber Terbuka (Percuma)
– Private Browsing with Tracking Protection blocks certain Web elements that could be used to record your behavior across sites
– Control Center that contains site security and privacy controls
– Indicator added to tabs that play audio with one-click muting
– WebRTC improvements:
- IPV6 support
- Preferences for controlling ICE candidate generation and IP exposure
- Hooks for extensions to allow/deny createOffer/Answer
- Improved ability for applications to monitor and control which devices are used in getUserMedia
– Login Manager improvements:
- Improved heuristics to save usernames and passwords
- Edit and show all logins in line, Copy/Paste usernames/passwords from the Context menu
- Migration imports your passwords to Firefox from Google Chrome for Windows and Internet Explorer; import anytime from the Login Manager
Taufik Mansor: Begitulah sedikit sebanyak perubahan yang dibuat oleh team Mozilla kepada Firefox versi 42 yang terbaru ini. Selamat mencuba. 😀